Why does the moon change size when you snipe it? November 07, 2023

The artists gave me a texture for the moon in III. I placed the moon in the sky, made sure it was visible at night and that it was a reasonable size. A few days later 4 artists were at my desk asking me to change the size of the moon. "No problem" I said. It turned out they couldn't decide what the size of the moon should be. 2 of them wanted it smaller to be more realistic. The other 2 wanted it larger to be more cinematic. This went on a bit and I suggested to make the size of the moon changeable in the game. This way they could decide in their own time and let me know the conclusion. Since I was working on the sniper rifle, I made it so that the moon toggled through 3 sizes (small, medium, large) as the player sniped it. The artists never got back to me so I just left it in. It was still there in SA.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

Development of San Andreas (2003-2004)

Development of Vice City (2002)

The development of Manhunt (1999 - 2003)